1. The Central Administrative Tribunals were set up the recommendations of :
A) The Ministry of Law and Justice B) The Indian law Commission
C) The Sarkaria Commission D) The Administrative Reforms Commission
Ans : C) The Sarkaria Commission
2. Consider the following statement :
1. Rafael Nadal won men singles French open tennis tournament 2013.
2. This is Nadal’s maiden French open title.
Which of the statement given above is / are correct ?
A) 1 only B) 2 only C) both 1 and 2 D) neither 1 nor 2
Ans : C) both 1 and 2
3. Which one of the following term is not related to the option “NOTA” in the voting system ?
A) Against all B) Negative vote C) Disapproval of all candidates D) Invalid vote
Ans : A) Against all
4. Name the satellite envisaged to launch four tonne class of satellite into geo synchronous transfer orbit :
I) GSAT -2 II) GSLV – MK III III) EDUSAT IV) INSAT – 4 CR
A) I only B) II only C) II and III only D) IV only
Ans : B) II only
5. Choose the correct answer :
Indira Gandhi National Integration Award 2013 was conferred to :
A) M.S.Swaminathan B) Sachin Tendulkar C) Kasturi Rangan D) Lata Mangeshkar
Ans : A) M.S.Swaminathan
6. The CEO of Pepsi Co. and is one of the most powerful woman is :
A) Sheela Dixit B) Seerina Williams C) Kiran Bedi D) Indra Nooyi
Ans : D) Indra Nooyi
7. One of the coral reef areas identified for intensive conservation and management is :
A) Lakshadweep B) Pulicat C) Pamban D) Rameswaram
Ans : D) Rameswaram
8. Name the Nobel prize winner, who was awarded the prize, 39 years after he identified boson particle in his name >
I) Francoise Englert II) Peter W. Higgs III) Martin Karplus IV) Michael Levitt
A) I B) II C) III D) IV
Ans : B) II
9. The main website http://www.pib.gov.in is trilingual in :
A) English, Hindi, Bengali
B) Urdu, Hindi, English
C) English, Urdu, Hindi
D) English, Hindi, Tamil
Ans : B) Urdu, Hindi, English
10. Which one of the following organization has won the Nobel Prize for the year 2013 ?
A) Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries
B) Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development
C) Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
D) Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries
Ans : C) Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
11. Who is the newly appointed Chief Justice of the Jharkhand High Court ?
A) Justice Ram Jethmalani B) Justice Iqbal C) Justice R. Bhanumathi D) Justice Ram Shankar
Ans : C) Justice R. Bhanumathi
12. Who is the author of the autobiography entitled “My Journey”?
A) Pranab Mukherjee B) A.P.J. Abdul Kalam C) Manmohan Singh D) Kabil Sibal
Ans : B) A.P.J. Abdul Kalam